Tomato is a plant that can cope with many diseases and pests, some of which can cause great damage and even destroy crops. Some common tomato diseases include:
- Mold (Botrytis cinerea)
- Powdery mildew disease (Leveillula taurica)
- Vascular bacteriosis (Ralstonia solanacearum)
- Vertical wreath
- Potato mold (Phytophthora infestans)
- Fusarium crown rot (Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. Lycopersici)
- White flycatcher
- Tomato bug
- Scaly spider
Here are some steps to use neem oil to protect tomatoes from diseases and pests:
- Prepare the spray - Mix 1-2 tablespoons of neem oil in a liter of water and shake well.
- Spray on tomato plants - Spray a mixture of neem oil and water on the leaves and stems of tomato plants. Try to reach the entire plant, including the lower leaves.
- Repeat as needed - Repeat the process every 7-14 days or as needed if you notice symptoms of the disease.
Use sparingly - Use neem oil sparingly as overuse can cause plant damage.