Peaches can be attacked by many diseases and pests. Some common peach diseases include:
- Bacterial spotting of leaves and fruits
- Black leaf spot
- Wood cancer
Some common peach pests include:
- Peach fly
- Curly aphids
- Peach cobbler
- Golden cane beetle
- American fruit moth
Here are some tips for using neem oil to protect peaches:
- Prepare a neem oil solution - Mix 1 tablespoon of neem oil and 1 teaspoon of liquid soap in 1 liter of water.
- Apply neem oil solution to peaches - Use a sprayer to apply the solution to peach leaves, flowers and fruits. Make sure all parts of the plant are covered evenly.
- Repeat the process as needed - Depending on the severity of the pest and disease infestation, you may need to repeat the process several times during the peach growing season.
- Don't use too much - Use only a small amount of neem oil and don't over spray as too much oil can damage the plants.
- Be careful on sunny days - Avoid spraying neem oil during sunny weather as the sun can increase the effect of the oil and cause burns on the plants.